Come and see almost a million tulips flowering in the fields, including over 130 different varieties!
This year's Tesselaar Tulip Festival is themed Tulips in Wonderland. So why not join us down the rabbit hole for a tea party like no other! We are celebrating Lewis Carroll's classic story and all the magic that goes with it, in the glory of the tulip fields. You are sure to be smiling like a Cheshire Cat in the flowers ... don't be late!
Discover delights in the tulips
As well as a kaleidoscope of colour with more than a million spring flowering bulbs to delight in, there is ...
- ENTERTAINMENT: live musical entertainment on stage
- WONDERLAND: You will catch little pockets of magic throughout our colourful gardens
- QUEEN'S CROQUET: Challenge friends and family to a round of croquet in the fields
- ENJOY HIGH TEA
- MARKET STALLS
- TULIP TRACTOR RIDE: Take a ride on our Tulip Tractor Ride, around the colourful fields
- PLENTY OF PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES: Photograph your colourful memories, including Wonderland themed areas
- PICK YOUR OWN BUNCH OF TULIPS: We have planted a patch of Tulips especially so you can be in the moment and pick some to take home
- GARDEN DISPLAYS: Walk through and admire our historic gardens. You will see more Tulips as well as a variety of other spring flowering bulbs and perennials
- SEE THE SCULPTURE EXHIBIT: Admire the amazing exhibit by renowned sculptors from across Australia. You can even vote for your favourite to win our People's Choice Award
- REPLICA DUTCH WINDMILLS: Admire a replica of Dutch Windmills which are positioned throughout the tulip fields and gardens, great for a photo or two!
- GIANT CLOGS: Yes, that's right, the Australia's largest wooden shoe is on display at the Tesselaar Tulip Festival. Visitors are welcome to try it on for a photo!
- FAIRY GARDEN: There is a delightful grove of fairies and gnomes who have taken up residency in our garden
- DUTCH GAMES: If you have been beaten at croquet, then you might want to rematch with Sjoelen tables, like a cross between air hockey and coits, this is a fun and free game to enjoy
- GARDEN GAMES: If you can't get enough challenges in, you might want to try our giant jenga, giant chess and more
- PURCHASE SOUVENIRS: Choose from thousands of unique souvenirs, many imported direct from Holland, including wooden clogs and many of the famous delft blue pieces. As well there is a tantalising lolly shop and a colourful flower shop.
- A DELICIOUS RANGE OF FOODS TO ENJOY: There is a huge range of international food available
14th October: TULIPMANIA WEEK
Celebrate the tulips in all their glory!
This date is a great opportunity to enjoy the tulips without the school holiday crowds. Visitors are treated to a more intimate affair among the wonder of the blooms. There is still an action packed entertainment line up for you to enjoy ...
The Wonderland Show has Alice and the White Rabbit retelling their classic tale. See this heart warming story at 11:30am and 1:30pm. Plus, there is a meet and greet photo opportunity at 12:30pm. Honey B and the Stingers take the stage with fun, fifties rock’n’siting our fairy garden to tell her tales. Have your face painted with the phenomenally talented Elenavation team. Sandwizard has fun, artistic creations you can make and take home. Try something different with henna artist.
- Return transport
- Entry to the festival